Obviously as I write this, there are no timescales for if, when or how we can reopen. That, however doesn’t mean we can’t start planning for some sort of return to work.
I am pretty sure whenever we do get the go ahead there will need to be strict controls in place for a phased return, for example control measures such as:
- Restricted opening times
- Allow access via appointment only
- Customer numbers restricted per ‘session’
- Each ‘session’ shall run for 45minutes only
- Customers follow strict hygiene and distancing measures
- Facility closed for 15mins to allow clean down between session
With this in mind, we do have the capacity in place to be able manage a phased opening. This would mean where we need to introduce ‘By appointment only’ we would simply use our online booking platform ‘SimplyBook‘and we would open up gym slots with restricted numbers.
It would also mean access being prioritised through online bookings only, however we would reserve some slots for telephone bookings. We would not allow casual walk-in visitors during our initial phased opening period.